Production and Marketing Assistant
Heilbron Herbs makes thoughtful, accessible, and locally sourced plant remedies and botanical products in downtown Marshall, NC. Our studio is primarily a production space, though it also serves as a small retail gallery and place of interface with our local and visiting customers.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, fun, dynamic, and responsible person to assist with daily studio operations and to work closely with the founder to organize and implement operations and marketing strategies.
This person must love to write, enjoy repetitive tasks, and find joy in attending to details, while having the capacity to discern when efficiency takes precedent. They are equally happy to work independently and take the helm of a project AND thrive in partnership with a team. This person prioritizes clear, direct, and compassionate communication, high emotional intelligence, and can openly receive feedback and direction from others. They follow through on what they say they’re going to do and communicate when things aren’t going as planned. Experience surrounding herbal medicine, plant ID, and packaged food/supplement production is preferred but not necessary.
As a very small but growing business, we are hoping to hire someone interested in being with us for the long term and growing into a managerial role over time. In the meantime, the ideal candidate must be comfortable and excited to move between many different roles, cultivating an assortment of skill sets.
- Work closely with the founder to strategize and accomplish monthly/quarterly operations and sales goals
- Help distill ideas from routine meetings into actionable projects and tasks
- Maintain calendar to help keep multiple concurrent projects on track
- Help to draft written content for social media and newsletters
- Assist with wholesale outreach and communications
- Receive harvests from our farm partners
- Production: extracting, straining, blending and bottling tinctures and other extracts, blending and bagging tea, labeling products
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of production
- Inventory management
- Studio organization and cleanliness
- Ability to address conflict compassionately and with curiosity
- Ability to embrace mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity
- A commitment to the active process of self-awareness
- Creative, clear, and warm written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Positive and helpful attitude and ability to work well as a team
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Standing on one's feet for 4-8 hours at a time
Part-time hourly, non-exempt position
Estimated Weekly Hours
Between 8-16 hours per week, 1-2 days per week Monday-Friday. Possible opportunity for more hours beginning in the summer or fall.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
If this positions sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.