Production and Administrative Assistant
Heilbron Herbs makes thoughtful, accessible, and locally sourced plant remedies and botanical products in downtown Marshall, NC. Our studio is primarily a production space, though it also serves as a small retail gallery and place of interface with our local and visiting customers.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, fun, dynamic, and responsible person to manage daily studio operations and to work closely with the founder to organize and implement operations and marketing strategies.
This person must enjoy repetitive tasks, and find joy in attending to details, while having the capacity to discern when efficiency takes precedent. They are equally happy to work independently, take the helm of a project, have the initiative to identify needs within the workplace AND thrive in partnership with a team. This person prioritizes clear, direct, and compassionate communication, high emotional intelligence, and can openly receive feedback and direction from others. They follow through on what they say they’re going to do and communicate when things aren’t going as planned. Experience surrounding herbal medicine, plant ID, and packaged food/supplement production is preferred but not necessary.
This person must also feel comfortable with managing a number of administrative tasks, supplies purchases, customer service and wholesale account management - and preparing routine reports for the founder. This side of the work load may also include working with the founder in sales and marketing, and an ideal candidate would feel energetic about capturing video and photos in the studio. Proficiency and enthusiasm for producing written content for social media and newsletters would be a major plus.
As a very small but growing business, we would like to hire someone interested in being with us for the long term (more than a year - ideally many!) and growing into a managerial role over time. In the meantime, the ideal candidate must be comfortable and excited to move between many different roles, cultivating an assortment of skill sets.
- Work closely with the founder to strategize and accomplish monthly/quarterly operations and sales goals
- Help distill ideas from routine meetings into actionable projects and tasks
- Maintain calendar to help keep multiple concurrent projects on track
- Production: extracting, straining, blending and bottling tinctures and other extracts, blending and bagging tea, labeling products
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of production
- Inventory management
- Assist with wholesale outreach and communications
- Keep up with supplies orders while navigating a budget
- Studio organization and cleanliness
- Respond to customer inquiries via email and social media; communicate with founder if guidance is needed for a specific inquiry
- Capture photo and video content and develop marketing initiatives for social media and newsletters
- Help to draft written content for social media and newsletters
- Other tasks and responsibilities as they arise
- Ability to address conflict compassionately and with curiosity
- Ability to embrace mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity
- A commitment to the active process of self-awareness
- Creative, clear, and warm written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Energetic enough to work 7-8 hour production shifts regularly
- Positive and helpful attitude and ability to work well as a team
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Standing on one's feet for 4-8 hours at a time
Part-time hourly, non-exempt position
Estimated Weekly Hours
Between 8-16 hours per week, 1-2 days per week Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend days for shows and event support. Possible opportunity for more hours beginning in the spring or summer.
October - November 2022
Pay is commensurate with experience. Minimum wage $17.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
If this positions sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com.